I was standing at Subway and talking about the weather with the woman making my sub. I mentioned that it’s much cooler outside and she concluded that it means “it’s the season for love. In the summer it’s too hot to rub up against someone”, as she loads my 6-inch turkey with spinach.
Fall is in the air. It’s time for big sweaters, football games, Halloween shopping, and closing up the cottage.
Planning a date night with your partner may have gotten lost in the shuffle. It’s time to pick a few ideas and plan something before homework piles up and the freezing rain starts.
- Apple picking. It’s in every romantic comedy for a reason. It allows you to gather food together, lets him reach the tall branches and makes amazing apple crisp. It’s also private enough to start smooching somewhere away from prying eyes.
- In keeping with this there is always the pumpkin patch or corn maze, and haunted house/hayride. Those are great!
- Send them text bombs or random questions. Make them into paper airplanes, leave them on the bathroom mirror or in their wallets. It’s a fun thing to do if you have some time and want to find something out about your partner you don’t know.
- What’s something you always wanted to do as a child but never got to do it?
- If you were in a witness protection program, what would be your new name and where would you go?
- If you could get away with a crime, would you? If yes, what would it be?
- Who was your first celebrity crush?
- Find the country fairs! Check out the homemade pies, look at the 4 H club livestock judging, go on a merry-go-round, and take in a local band. This is the time of year and there is one on every weekend.
- Small town adventure. We went with the group of Ducklings to a small, nearby town (Buckingham) where we had a morning of corset shopping as a group and then went for cider. We had a blast. Many lingerie stores have big chairs for your partner to sit in while you come out and model. Check out the lingerie pictures on our meetup site.
- Speaking of shopping, I love trying on Halloween costumes this time of year. You can dress up in all kinds of costumes (prison warder, cowboy, pirate) and play out the fantasies. They are only around until Nov 1st so get busy with a skanky costume this month!
- Take one of the couple’s cooking classes. Around here the Loblaw’s cooking schools or LCBO classes are fabulous. There is also one every Tuesday night at the Independent at Bank and Somerset where you get a $10 gift card for the $10 class. Loved their pizza making. Playing with dough was sexy.
- Try making a fort. Inside or outside it will bring back the kid in you. And the fun things you can do inside one…
- Brewery tours and whiskey festivals. They are on and often have that pumpkin spice added to their microbrew. Yum. And those scotch/whiskey/wine shows. Perfect pick up place.
And if you aren’t in a relationship this is the time of year when more people start thinking about making changes to their love lives. In my career I’ve written over 400 dating ads and have matched over 100 people. I went to six weddings this year alone of couples who I had a hand in introducing.
If you are ready to do something about your stalled love life then reach out to me. I book in person, Skype and phone sessions. Make the change now.